Inspired by: McCormick’s Spice Recipe
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Lime Juice (I used one lime)
1 tsp. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Cumin
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt (I really love garlic)
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I recommend buying these fresh from the butcher & trimming the fat)
1. Mix all ingredients, except chicken, in a small bowl. Place chicken in a large resealable bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well.
2. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade.
3. Place in baking dish and pour more marinade on top (optional).
4. Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees (temperature will vary depending on oven). Finish off by broiling at 550 degrees for 5-10 minutes. Watch until the juices from the chicken run clear.
5. Check doneness with a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer horizontally into the end of chicken, aiming for center of breast. For a completely cooked chicken, temperature should be 160-165 degree Fahrenheit.
6. Let chicken rest for five minutes.
If you’ve never baked chicken before, click here for start-to-finish instructions!
Click here for the post that featured this recipe!